Sunday, April 5, 2009

So...it has come to this

My ode to Todd.

Simple, yet complicated; sweet yet bitter - I write this ode. An ode to a single syllable man named todd. I being a triple syllable man am not capable of achieving the greatness that comes with a simple name.

SIDE NOTE - I bought "fox and the hound" for my daughters and now they want to name our "soon to purchase" dog Todd - I thought it was fitting.

On with the Ode - You win, yes win. Painful is the word, but now forever connected. Two single syllable words with the same meaning (Todd and Win).

So what will I do? Complain, cry foul? I could blame the age of my kids, young as they are they need attention! Or I could blame my job - Erik has me working crazy hours. But no, I will not. You won - I must accept.

On second thought - considering that the prize is an alternate history - maybe we can have one of our own. What would have happened if I had won! Matt would be linked with win. I would have confidence, laughter, happiness. I would, I would, I would... the words leave me.

But this is not alternative! It is real. So send me your damn book order and I will have it sent to your home... Jerk

Matt

1 comment:

  1. When did Matthew become three syllables?

    I'm glad you're planning to get a dog. It's about time and Todd would be an excellent name!

    ReplyDelete