Saturday, March 21, 2009

One Down, Three to Go

Finished Daniel Silva's The Secret Servant. His lead character is an agent with the Israeli secret service, and it's a modern day thriller dealing with terrorism. You get to see planning from both sides: the terrorists and the good guys. He has to work with several governments: Danes, Brits, Americans, and Egyptians. I enjoyed seeing Silva's fictional portrayal of their various approaches. There was also the appropriate amount of personal back story. Sometimes it's too much about the person and not enough action. This recipe was just right. Excellent read. I'd give it a recommend with five full stars.

Two out of the other three books are acquired and the third is on the way. I've started Rabbit, Run. Now, I've never read an Updike before, you had mentioned you did in high school. I know you picked the same book, so I wanted to give you this:
WARNING >> If Rabbit, Run were a movie it would be rated "R" for language and sexual content.
Not sure if your standards are the same for books as they are for movies, but I wanted to give you a heads up. If you wanted to change books for this reason, I think that should be allowed. Otherwise, I'm back to reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment