Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Alec!

Since Alec Guinness was born on April 2, I decided to stay up to the wee hours of the morning and finish this dreadful book.  Really it was on the reasonable option I had.  I'm leaving for Club this morning and I wasn't taking it with me, it's too big, and I wasn't waiting until Wednesday when I return to finish reading it.  The section on Star Wars was mildly entertaining, but maybe only by comparison since everything else was so boring.

Sorry to hear your tiger book is turning out bad as well.  I have my second Updike on it's way.  Also for a fiction writer, I've really gotten into Cormac McCarthy.  It started with "No Country for Old Men" and then I read the very masculine sounding "All the Pretty Horses."  I'm taking "The Road" with me to Club because I'm hoping to finish the Lighthouse pamphlet, I mean book, and win this contest before I return.

D.C. here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment